The mission of the Division of Acute Disease Epidemiology is to detect and control communicable diseases and other events of public health importance in order to ensure the health and well being of South Carolinians.
Our goals are:
- To maintain and optimize surveillance systems
- To monitor, detect and investigate reportable conditions as per South Carolina law
- To supply data and to provide guidance regarding control and prevention of communicable diseases
- To support and collaborate with the Public Health Regions staff and healthcare providers in the prevention and control of communicable diseases
- To enhance capacity to respond to issues of public health importance
- To convey information effectively to our partners