Welcome to the VFC Enrollment site in the State of South Carolina
Thank you for your support in immunizing the children of South Carolina.
All providers, including those currently enrolled in the Federal Vaccines for Children (VFC) program, must complete this enrollment process to be eligible to receive federally funded VFC vaccine. All providers will utilize the online system called the South Carolina Immunization Provider Access System (SCI PAS) to enroll in the VFC program https://www.scdhec.gov/SCIPAS/.
For those providers completing an initial enrollment into the VFC Program, they will need to establish a new account in SCI PAS. For those new providers a Provider Identification Number (PIN) will be assigned to the practice site for participation in the VFC program. Please note: Practices with multiple office locations must enroll each office as a separate VFC Program Provider Site if that site will be offering immunization services using federally funded VFC vaccine.
NOTE: Deadline to complete the VFC re-enrollment is Monday June 17, 2013. Providers, who do not complete all required enrollment forms by June 17, 2013 in SCI PAS, will jeopardize their ability to order VFC vaccine beyond June 30, 2013.
In order to become a VFC provider in SC, providers can only see children from birth through 18 years of age, must be licensed in the state to vaccinate, and cannot be on the current List of Excluded Individuals and Entities as described by on the United States Office of Inspector General.
Please follow these steps to enroll in the program:
STEP 1: Review ALL supporting documents and forms for VFC Program participation. These documents will provide the necessary information for you to understand the parameters of the Federal VFC Program. A Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) is required to act as the Electronic Signature Authority (ESA) for the VFC enrollment documents in SCI PAS.
Supporting Documents and Forms
- For All Providers: (Updated as of May 2013)
- VFC Protocol
- VFC Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- VFC Program Patient Eligibility Screening Record Form (DHEC 1146) (pdf)
- VFC Program Patient Eligibility Screening Record Form, Español (DHEC 1146S)
- VFC Program Vaccine Transfer Form (DHEC 1208) (pdf)
- VFC Program Vaccine Wastage and Return Form (DHEC 1209) (pdf)
- VFC Program Family Planning Clinic Log (DHEC 1227) (pdf)
- VFC Program Secondary Education Process Agreement (DHEC 1228) (pdf)
- VFC Program Tertiary Probation Agreement (DHEC 1229) (pdf)
- SC Refrigerator/Freezer Temperature Log (DHEC 1627) (pdf)
- For Private Providers Only:
- Immunization Information Form (DHEC 1103V) (pdf) – Optional documentation form
- VFC Vaccine Doses Administered Worksheet (DHEC 1150) (pdf) – Optional documentation form
- SC Vaccine Inventory Log (DHEC 1131) (pdf) – Optional documentation form
- VFC Program Vaccine Order Form (DHEC 1117)
- Provider VFC Eligibility Flow Chart (pdf)
- For DHEC Only:
- VFC Program DHEC Clinic VFC Vaccine Order Form (DHEC 1130)
- DHEC Non-VFC Vaccine Order Form (DHEC 1226)
STEP 2: An optional VFC Provider Enrollment Information Worksheet is available to assist in gathering all the necessary documents and information for the SCI PAS enrollment process.
STEP 3: The ESA should log in to SCI PAS using their current individual e-mail address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to contact the Division of Immunization at firstname.lastname@example.org for a password reset. Once you have logged into your account with the temporary password, you will be prompted to change your password with your first log in. The SCI PAS User Guide is available online under the HELP menu to assist you with this electronic process.
STEP 4: The ESA MUST complete the following electronic forms in SCI PAS:
- For All Providers:
- Federal VFC Program: Provider Enrollment Agreement (DHEC 1144)
- Federal VFC Provider Profile (DHEC 1145)
- South Carolina VFC Provider Vaccine Management and Disaster Recovery Plan (DHEC 1225)
- SCI PAS Designated User Form: Electronic Signature Authority (ESA) Agreement for SCI PAS Users (DHEC 0555) - Optional Form
Print and retain a copy of all of the completed documents for your office.
STEP 5: To complete your VFC enrollment, please submit the following documents via email to email@example.com or fax to 803-898-0326. Please include the practice name, contact person, phone number, and VFC Provider Identification Number (if already assigned) on each document to identify the provider's site:
- Current Certificates of Traceability and Calibration for certified calibrated thermometers
- Vaccine Storage Facility Floor Plans (floor diagram)
PLEASE DO NOT FAX or EMAIL ANY ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS EXCEPT WHERE NOTED.
Congratulations! You have now completed the enrollment process for the VFC program!
STEP 6: Log in to SCI PAS periodically to check your VFC enrollment status. The Immunization Division will contact the ESA by email if VFC enrollment documents are considered an incomplete application and cannot be processed.
STEP 7: Once VFC enrollment is approved, the ESA will receive e-mail communication from the DHEC Immunization Division regarding vaccine management and VFC program updates.
If you have questions regarding VFC Enrollment, please contact the SC DHEC Immunization Division SCI PAS Help Desk for questions specific to SCI PAS online system at 866-439-4082 or VFC Program for questions specific to the VFC program at 800-277-4687.