Need Financial Help for Your Child with Special Health Care Needs?
DHEC provides some financial assistance to help children with special healthcare needs, including payment for medical services, supplies, equipment, and prescription medications.
Your child or family member may be eligible to receive this financial assistance:
- Are a U.S. citizen (or lawful permanent resident)
- Live in South Carolina
- Meet income requirements
- Have at least one covered medical condition
Financial assistance services:
- Children's Rehabilitative Services (CRS) for help with payment for medical services, supplies, equipment, and prescription medications
- Hearing for help with payment for hearing aids, hearing aid repairs, batteries or related supplies
- Orthodontic for treatment of severe functional impairment caused by defects or injury of the face, jaw, mouth, or teeth
- Special (nutritional) formula for purchase of selected nutritional preparations to help treat conditions that affect normal growth and development
- Adult Sickle Cell for people age 18 or older who need help with payment for medical services, supplies, equipment and medications related to sickle cell disease
- Hemophilia Assistance Plan for home delivery of blood products for home infusion when prescribed for people with hemophilia or other blood clotting disorders.
For more information, email Children with Special Health Care Needs
or call us at (803) 898-0784.