1. The Community Guide Branch, Epidemiology Analysis Program Office (EAPO), Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services (OSELS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The Community Guide and the Clinical Guide provide evidence-based recommendations and findings about what works to improve public health. Please access the following links:
- Community Guide Systematic Reviews
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Oral Health Recommendations/Findings
2. American Dental Association
The ADA created the Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry (EBD) to connect the latest research findings with the daily practice of dentistry. The EBD Web site provides on-demand access to systematic reviews, summaries and clinical recommendations that translate the latest scholarly findings into a user-friendly format.
- Topical Fluoride
- Fluoride Supplements
- Fluoride Supplements Chairside Guide
- Reconstituting Infant Formula
- Sealants Chairside Guide
- School-Based Sealant Programs
3. PubMed Clinical Queries: National Library of Medicine.
Filters for retrieving methodologically sound studies in four categories, (therapy, diagnosis, etiology, and prognosis) plus systematic reviews. Free online access at the National Library of Medicine .
4. The Cochrane Library .
The Cochrane Library contains high-quality, independent evidence to inform health care decision-making. It includes reliable evidence from Cochrane and other systematic reviews, clinical trials, and more. Cochrane reviews bring the combined results of the world's best medical research studies, and are recognized as the gold standard in evidence-based health care.
EviDents , a search engine for evidence-based resources in dentistry. Free online access from the Forsyth Institute's Center for Evidence-Based Dentistry.
7. National Guideline Clearinghouse .
This is a comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines that is available online at no cost. www.guidelines.gov
8. Center For Evidenced Based Dentistry .
The Centre for Evidence-based Dentistry , established in 1995, is an independent body whose aim is to promote the teaching, learning, practice and evaluation of evidence-based dentistry world-wide. Find a dentist in your area