The BRFSS telephone survey has been traditionally done with people using land lines. However, in recent years, an increasing number of people are only using cell/mobile phones. CDC recognized the need to include cell phone users in our survey in order to obtain data that better represents the diverse populations in our society (nation).
Because BRFSS has expanded and improved the way we gather and process information, new data cannot be accurately compared to previous findings line by line (point by point).
However, as we move forward, the survey results will better reflect the health status of the people of the United States.
More information about the changes to the 2011 BRFSS is available at www.cdc.gov/surveillancepractice/reports/brfss/brfss.htm
BRFSS Question Search : Click here to search for BRFSS questions asked in any year. Users can search by year, section title, module, variable name, or keyword.
Learn about our call-back survey The Children's Health Assessment Survey .
- BRFSS 2016 Results
- BRFSS 2015 Results
- BRFSS 2014 Results
- BRFSS 2013 Results
- BRFSS 2012 Results
- BRFSS 2011 Results
- 2016 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
- 2015 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
- 2014 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
- 2013 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
- 2012 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
- 2011 Disability and Health in SC - (pdf)
Fact Sheets Featuring BRFSS data
- Substance Use Among Adults in South Carolina (2018) - (pdf)
- HPV Vaccination Among Adolescents and Adults in SC (2018) - (pdf)
- Veterans' Health in South Carolina (2018) - (pdf)
- Birth Control Practices and Barriers in South Carolina (2011) - (pdf)
- Arthritis in SC - (pdf)
- Arthritis and Other Diseases - (pdf)