In May 2006, the South Carolina General Assembly passed the Hospital Infections Disclosure Act. Hospitals must report Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) from selected procedures to the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
Compliance with the HIDA Reporting Requirements is a condition of licensure for hospitals that perform the reportable procedures.
Current HIDA Reporting Requirements:
- Update #10: January 1st, 2016: HIDA Reporting Requirement Update (pdf)
National Healthcare Safety Network Training Materials and Reporting Resources
- NHSN Online Training Modules:
- Enrollment and setup training
- Patient safety component training modules
- Health Care personnel safety component training modules
- Data entry and analysis training modules
- NHSN Protocols and Definitions:
DHEC Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI) Section Division of Acute Disease Epidemiology
2100 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201