Who We Are:
The Cancer Control Advisory Committee (CCAC) is created by South Carolina State legislation and members are appointed by the DHEC Commissioner.
What We Do:
- Advise DHEC on issues pertaining to cancer prevention, detection, care and surveillance.
- Participate in the evaluation of DHEC cancer programs and services.
- Serve as advocates for the poor and underserved patients through support of the State Aid Cancer Clinics.
- Assist in maintaining liaison with the community and other health care providers.
- Advise DHEC on administration of funds for cancer prevention, detection, care and surveillance.
- For a current list of CCAC members, please click on the membership link .
2019 Meeting Schedule
New meeting time and location for
Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM
State House Grounds, Edgar Brown Building, Room 467
1205 Pendleton Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Thursday, May 23, 2019 @ 2-4 PM
American Cancer Society, 200 Center Point Circle, Suite 100, Columbia, SC 29210
Thursday, September 26, 2019 @ 2-4 PM
South Carolina Oncology Associates, 166 Stoneridge Dr., Columbia, SC 29210