School Flu Vaccine Clinics
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control and many local school districts across our state are partnering to offer flu vaccines to school children.
- CDC and DHEC recommend that everyone 6 months of age and older receive the flu vaccine every year to protect against the flu.
- The flu shot will be the only flu vaccine given in school clinics this year.
Benefits of getting the flu vaccine in school:
Protects Your Child
The flu vaccine is the best way to protect your child from the flu.
Fewer Days of Missed School and Work
If your child stays healthy during flu season, you'll both have fewer absences.
No Cost or Low Cost
If your child has:
- Medicaid: Your Medicaid will be billed for $13.
- No health insurance: You will receive a bill from DHEC for $13.
- Private health insurance: Private health insurance: DHEC will file a claim of $13 with your insurance carrier. Any balance remaining may be billed to you.
School flu vaccine clinic documents and forms
Important information for parents:
After you return the Parent Consent Form to your child's school, please contact us before the scheduled vaccination clinic if you notice any of the following:
- There are any changes in your child's health.
- Your child receives an antiviral medication 48 hours or less before the school vaccination clinic date.
- Your child receives any vaccine less than 28 days before the school vaccination clinic date.
- You decide you no longer want your child to receive the flu vaccine at school.
Important information for schools: