We want to hear from you. We value your feedback.
Use our Contact DHEC form to share a comment, question or concern.
If you prefer to email, call or write us, that’s an option too.
Specific complaints or issues
Use the forms or links in the Submit a complaint or report it section below.
Request copies of records
Our Freedom of Information (FOI) Office can assist you.
Submit a complaint or report it
We review every complaint or reported issue and respond according to our regulatory authority – what regulations, laws or statutes allow us to do.
- Use our Food Safety Complaint form to submit a food-related complaint about a restaurant, food truck or grocery store.
- See our guidance for submitting a healthcare facility complaint. These are complaints about facilities such as assisted living, home health, hospice, hospitals, nursing homes, or services like X-ray, tanning, tattoo or body piercing.
- See our guidance for submitting a privacy complaint if you believe that DHEC has violated the privacy or security of health or other confidential information.
We rely on your help to report issues that may affect the public’s health or our beautiful state.
- Abandoned boats
- Animal bites
- Chemical spills, oil spills, fish kills
- Dead birds (to help us track West Nile Virus)
- Fraud (within or involving a state agency)
If you’re having trouble with or difficulty using our website, please let our webmaster know.
Find a DHEC office
Vital Records Offices
Birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates
Public Health Clinics
Appointments for services – family planning, immunizations (shots), STD/HIV, TB tests or Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
Environmental Affairs Regional Offices
Permits and licenses (food service, air, septic tanks, land and water, construction), rabies investigations, environmental regulatory matters
Find a DHEC expert
Search by departments.